SUBFLOOR REQUIREMENTS -basics
1. Carpet and pad must always be removed.
2. Check for rot, squeaks and repair damages before beginning.
3. Subfloor surface must be flat, 3⁄16” within a 6’-foot radius, without dips.
4. Any existing wood flooring on concrete subfloors must be removed prior to installation.
5. High areas, peaked joints in the subfloor or other ridges in the wood subfloor must be sanded or planed flat and low areas repaired or filled with a Portland cement based leveling compound or covered with a rigid plywood type underlayment.
1. Always use a moisture barrier
2. Carpet and pad must always be removed.
3. Check for elevated moisture and correct before installation
4. New concrete must cure for 60 days before any flooring is installed.
5. Do not install flooring in a room with a floor drain or sump pump.
6. Subfloor surface must be flat, 3⁄16” within a 6’-foot radius, without dips.
7. High spots or ridges must be ground down flat. Low areas should be filled in using a Portland cement and latex-based floor leveler.
Thank you for your question.
You can find complete installation instructions on the product page by clicking on the specs tab and then clicking on - Installation Guide.pdf
Answered on 6/15/2011 by customer care 2