This product is not recommended for a direct glue down.
Yes a plywood subfloor could be installed first and then nail.
Another option would be to use our Elastilon underlayment product.
What you should know about Elastilon Strong
• An Elastilon-backed wood floor is much faster to install than traditional nail or glue-down methods.
• Elastilon Strong can be installed on new concrete floors, handling up to 3.9% moisture content. A vapour barrier of at least 6 mil PE should be used below grade and on newly poured concrete above grade where the moisture content is above 3.9%.
• Laid down with a 5/8” (15 mm) expansion gap, Elastilon Strong creates a dynamic, floating floor that expands or contracts naturally with the hardwood.
• Elastilon Strong has no odor and is free of volatile materials.
• Elastilon Strong gives cushioned comfort.
• 1/8” (3 mm) thick Elastilon Strong has ratings of IIC 62 and STC 54.
• Thermal resistance: R _ 0,15 (m K) / W
• Elastilon Strong carries a 70-year limited warranty.
I would be glad to help you with this application question.
Please call me directly, Mark at 1-800-366-4204 Ext # 4857
My hours are Mon - Fri, 10 AM - 7 PM
Answered on 7/14/2011 by customer care 2