If you are gluing to a concrete slab plastic would not be used.
GLUE DOWN OVERVIEW
• Lumber Liquidators recommends moisture testing, the use of moisture barriers
• Wood floor adhesives alone are not moisture barriers.
•Glue manufacture may recommend rolling the floor throughout installation to ensure glue transfer
• For the best results, do not mix adhesive products. Use moisture barriers and adhesives from the same manufacturer
• Use the trowel size recommended by the adhesive company to get required spread rate and ridging height. Typically, trowel size is determined by board type, size and surface texture. (Ensure a 95% min glue-to-board glue transfer). • During constant use trowel teeth will wear down. For best glue coverage use a new trowel with each new container of adhesive.
• Discard twisted or warped boards.
•Follow the glue manufacturer’s labeling instructions regarding adhesive set time, correct trowel size, removal of surface sealers or contaminates and use of moisture barriers.
• Mix product from several cartons as you install the floor to insure color, grain and shade mix.
•Install the flooring parallel to the longest wall in the room. Keep the flooring straight using a chalk line.
•Blue painter tape #2080 can be used to keep rows or sections of floor boards together until the adhesive has cured. Tape together 4 or 5 rows at 18” intervals. (Incorrect tape can harm the finish.)
[CAUTION]: Many installers choose to use straps or clamps in an effort to force board rows tighter together during installation. Be
aware that over-strapping may adversely affect the floor and can result in glue-bond failure, seam peaking, twisted boards, or outof-
square flooring board alignment.
ADHESIVES ADHESIVE DRY TIME IS DEPENDANT ON JOB SITE TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY CONDITIONS.
Mapei 800-992-6273 Bostiks 800-523-6530
WFM a moisture barrier MVP a moisture barrier
Ultrabond 980, 975 Engineered flooring adhesive EFA Engineered flooring adhesive
Eco 995 An all-in-one adhesive and moisture barrier Vapor-Lock An all-in-one adhesive and moisture barrier
You can find complete installation instructions on the product page by clicking on the specs tab and then clicking on - Installation Guide.pdf
Thank you for your question.
Answered on 12/21/2011 by customer care 2