Per Elastilon instructions:
Working with thinner boards – Although these instructions are common to the installation of Elastilon with all hardwood floors, particular attention must be given to the following when installing thinner boards. ie, ½"(12.5mm), 3/8"(10mm) and 5/16"(8mm)
• All end joints must be glued throughout the installation.
• The floor must be flat to within .08 inch over 8 ft (2mm over 2.5m)
• Expansion room must be maintained around all walls and obstacles.
• Transition moldings need to be placed at all doorways and hall entrances and areas greater than 30ft in width or length.
• Each board should be carefully inspected prior to the installation. Boards should be straight and flat without bowing, warping or cupping prior to the installation.
The Elastilon Underlayment Installation System allows the floating application of solid wood flooring over wood and concrete substrates. Not intended for below-grade applications. To maintain your warranty follow closely the Elastilon installation guidelines found on the Lumber Liquidators website.
You can find complete Elastilon installation instructions on the web site through the Flooring 101 web pages for easy installation, Type in - ELASTILON Instructions (pdf) -. Thank you for writing in.
Answered on 5/8/2015 by cc-2