At Lumber Liquidators, we take environmental compliance very seriously and we back our commitment to responsible sourcing with real action. The policies
and procedures that we have in place for the sourcing, harvesting and manufacturing of all of our products are designed to meet or exceed legal
requirements. Lumber Liquidators operates in a manner intended to ensure our company is a superior corporate citizen that seeks to adhere to all applicable
laws, rules and regulations wherever we do business. As such, we demand that our business partners, suppliers and distributors meet our standards and
operate in an ethical, legal and sustainable manner. In addition, we commit resources around the world to monitor our processes and compliance with
environmental chain of custody regulations at each step of the way until the products reach our stores. Lumber Liquidators is committed to uncompromising
integrity in how we conduct ourselves individually and as a company.
Specifically, in South America, Lumber Liquidators has done the following:
· Lumber Liquidators has devoted resources to enhance sourcing, quality, and compliance efforts throughout South America.
· Lumber Liquidators conducts reviews of new suppliers in the region that are intended to validate compliance to Lumber Liquidators and regulatory
requirements. These reviews include evaluating supplier compliance to applicable manufacturing, quality, social, and environmental requirements including
legal harvest and trade of wood products.
· Prior to purchase, Lumber Liquidators requires suppliers to provide evidence of legal sourcing and chain of custody of raw materials to be used to
manufacture products for Lumber Liquidators. Documentation is reviewed to confirm completeness and authenticity as required.
· Lumber Liquidators conducts quality inspections of products at the factory to verify compliance to applicable technical and quality specifications prior
to accepting shipments.
· Lumber Liquidators periodically conducts reviews of existing suppliers to validate ongoing compliance to requirements including manufacturing, quality,
social, and environmental requirements including legal harvest and trade of wood products.
· Prior to accepting a shipment, suppliers are also required to provide complete documentation to substantiate legal harvest, sale, and chain of custody.
Documentation is reviewed to confirm completeness and authenticity as required.
As part of our commitment to safety, Lumber Liquidators has partnered with Underwriters Laboratories and SCS Global Services. We are working to ensure our products meet stringent Greenguard or FloorScore certification standards for indoor air quality.