There’s a little DIYer in all of us, and laminate is the perfect floor to install yourself! Both easy to install and easy to maintain, it’s a no-fuss floor that will stand up over time. Here are 5 tips and tricks for installing your own laminate floors:
- Make sure to pick a laminate that matches your style and your home – we have high gloss to distressed options and everything in between, so you’re sure to find the right laminate for you! Check out all of our laminate options here.
- If you want a some extra water protection, try our Dream Home X2O laminates – they’re two times more water-resistant than standard laminates, meaning they’re perfect for houses with kids, pets, or just common household spills.
- Prep your space for your new floors – making sure your subfloor is ready for flooring installation is important! Click here to read about how to get ready to install your floors!
- Know the different installation methods for laminates – here are some detailed how-to instructions for the following techniques:
- Don’t just limit yourself to laminate on your floors – laminate is a great option for wood accent walls because it’s not too heavy for your wall! Check out this video on how to install wood flooring on your walls!