We can’t find you a Valentine, but we CAN find your match! Your hardwood flooring match, that is. Keep these 3 tips in mind when you’re searching, and you’ll find the perfect floor for you in no time!
What’s the difference?
When shopping for flooring, something to consider is what TYPE of flooring you want to use. There’s more than just solid hardwood out there, and narrowing down your options can be tough.
Here’s a little help:
- Solid Hardwood: the name says it all! It’s milled from solid wood and comes prefinished or unfinished. Prefinished is ready to go when you purchase it, while unfinished wood takes more work (sanding, staining, etc.)
- Engineered Wood: it’s the everywhere floor! It looks like solid hardwood, but its unique construction makes it more stable & better for areas with high moisture.
- Bamboo: a fast-growing grass that offers greater durability. Strand bamboo is twice as hard as oak!
- Laminate: a fiber core board with a photo on top. Laminate is easy to install, plus it comes in a wide variety of colors & styles.
- Vinyl: highly durable, water-resistant & easy to install! Just peel-and-stick or click together. Plus, it’s produced from recycled materials!
- Cork: a naturally cushioned floor that works as a great sound and thermal insulator. Also, easy on the feet and back when standing for long periods of time!
When it comes to flooring, things aren’t black & white. There are a lot of colors and style to choose from! If you don’t know where to begin, try narrowing down your color shade. Looking for something light? Always dreamed of a dark floor? Want something right in the middle? Try narrowing down your color preference to light, medium or dark. You can do this easily on our website! Think of your home, your furniture, and your style.
Floors come in all shapes and sizes. Think about what you want your space to look like, and narrow down your options by thin/narrow, medium width, or wide plank! This can really change the look of your floor, and it’s all about what you like.