- Verify all flooring installation materials are in your possession.
- Prepare a clear path for the installation crew to perform their services.
- Remove any room furnishings, valuables, and breakable items from the service site.
- Perform any labor that has not been contracted by Lumber Liquidators, such as moving furniture, appliances, and/or removal of existing flooring prior to the arrival of your Installation Provider
Review Acclimation Guidelines
Your flooring needs to be in your home prior to installation for proper acclimation. It is essential to review and follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for your product. The manufacturer’s guidelines for your product can be found on our website at Flooring 101 or can be provided by any Installation Coordinator by calling 1-800-651-1635 or emailing us.
In general, Lumber Liquidators recommends that you abide by the following acclimation time periods*:
- Tile—No Acclimation required
- Engineered Vinyl Plank & Click Ceramic Planks — Up to 24 hours
- Laminate, Cork, Engineered Hardwood & Luxury Vinyl Planks— Minimum of 48 hours
- Solid Hardwood & Solid Bamboo— Verification through moisture test required
*This information is dependent on the conditions of the service site which is determined by manufacturer and industry approved moisture testing technique(s). Independent Contractor will confirm acclimation and verify with customer that the conditions are suitable for installation of your new floors .
In order for your flooring to properly acclimate, ensure the following:
- All windows and doors remain closed throughout the acclimation period.
- The environment, including HVAC system, is kept at an industry recommended standard of 60˚ – 80˚ Fahrenheit.
- The relative humidity in your home is between 30% – 50% at least seven days prior to installation (Tile, Engineered Vinyl Plank, Click Ceramic Plank & Luxury Vinyl Plank are not affected by site humidity). Moisture testing the subfloor is still recommended per manufacturer instructions.
- A humidifier or dehumidifier may be necessary to achieve optimal humidity levels in arid or humid regions. A hygrometer is recommended to monitor relative humidity.
Arrange to be Present for Install
We understand that your flooring project is more than a monetary investment in your home. It is a commitment of time and effort. Be prepared to be present, or appoint a trustworthy representative to act on your behalf, for the duration of your project.