If you’re considering replacing your tired old carpet with hardwood, but you haven’t quite decided yet, we’ve compiled a list of 15 reasons switching to hardwood is the right choice for you!
- Carpets are dust, dirt and mildew collectors. Replacing them with hardwood can help alleviate allergies!
- Spills, dirt, crumbs, debris and much more can live in your carpet and never be seen! With hardwood, you can easily see and clean messes. Plus, you can completely wipe up a spill, whereas carpet can absorb and hold onto moisture.
- If you feel like you’re cleaning more with wood floors, just imagine all the dirt you didn’t see in your carpet!
- Carpeting usually goes out of style, but as those trends come and go the beauty and style of hardwood remains a classic!
- That new carpet smell? That’s potentially hazardous synthetic material which can leak chemical fumes for years! They can cause sinus and/or breathing problems.
- Once a carpet begins to unravel, it usually gets worse…fast!
- With enough time, all carpets will matt and become more difficult to care for. Some stains just won’t come out.
- Even if you regularly care for a carpet, dirt and dust will sink to the bottom and settle. Shampooing can even cause problems, since the dampness may remain and cause mildew.
- Dander, dust, fluff, pet fur, mildew, mold, pollen, dust mites. EW.
- Hardwood lasts longer than carpet and can be refinished over and over if the floor needs to be freshened.
- Wood is a sustainable choice. Trees, bamboo, cork…they can all be replaced! Plus, when you buy from Lumber Liquidators, you can rest assured knowing we practice responsible harvesting. Without a well-planned growth cycle, we’d be out of business! Tree cutting is monitored very carefully within a selective cutting and replanting strategy.
- Hardwood won’t hide harmful matter from you.
- While they still require proper care, hardwood floors are much more resistant to spills than carpet.
- Even if you end up with scratches and dents, most wood floors can be sanded and refinished. Plus, we offer handscraped floors which have a beautiful, rustic texture that hides the wear and tear from families and pets.
- Hardwood can seriously increase the value of your home!
So…why wood you use anything else?