All subfloors must be smooth and flat or imperfections may show-through
• Subflooring must be solid, well nailed, and free from dust and flexing.
• Peel and Stick planks are not recommend for use directly over particle, chip board, or OSB oriented strand board. For a smooth surface, apply luan ply-board over wood subflooring.
• Peel and Stick planks are flexible and will conform to irregularities in the subfloor. In order to achieve a smooth installation, it is important that the subfloor be free from cracks, dents and protrusions. All nails and fasteners should be set flush with or slightly
below the surface of the wood. All cracks, dents and other irregularities in the subfloor must be sanded out and or leveled using a fast drying leveling compound. (Do not use gypsum-based patching compounds.)
• Base subfloors in poor condition will have to be flat and firm before installing luan ply-board.
•All wax, grease, dirt and dust must be removed to insure proper bond
• Wood subfloors over a crawl space should have a minimum of 18" of cross-ventilated air space between the ground and the floor joists. In an area of high humidity due to ground moisture, a polyethylene plastic film should be laid over the ground in the crawl
space with over-lapped widths and lengths, to serve as a moisture barrier in addition to the cross-ventilated air space.You can find complete installation instructions on the product page by clicking on the installation tab and then clicking on - Installation Guide.
Thank you for writing in.
Answered on 4/30/2015 by cc-2