MOLDINGS & TRANSITIONS:
• Install transition moldings directly to the subflooring. Pre-drill and hand nail transitions moldings to wood subfloors using 6d finishing nails. Use a wood urethane tube adhesive to bond wood transitions to concrete subfloors.
• Acclimate wood moldings for best results
• Moldings should be predrilled to avoid splitting when hand nailing. Use a 3/32" drill bit and a 5d or 6d finish nail.
• The tool of choice for cutting hardwood moldings is a 10" or 12" motorized miter saw with pre-set adjustments for the basic miter cuts at 22.5°, 45°, and 90°.
• A 60 tooth or 80 tooth carbide tipped blade makes the best cuts. Be sure the saw blade rotation is positioned to cut into the finished face.
• Attach wall base or quarter round moldings to the wall.
• Mitered cuts hide better when joining moldings
Yes you should leave approx. 1/2" of expansion space.
Thank you for writing in.
Answered on 8/26/2015 by cc-2