Tranquility Ultra Underlayment
VINYL PLANK UNDERLAYMENT
- TRANQUILITYTM is made with high-density polyurethane foam using rapidly renewable resources (soybean polyols and vegetable oils).
- Suitable for floating, glue down, LVT and vinyl plank flooring, as well as radiant heat flooring systems.
- New revolutionary moisture barrier film for the best bond strength, durability and moisture protection up to 7 lbs. of pressure. In geographic areas where concrete subfloors are subject to excessive moisture, a calcium chloride moisture test is required. Vapor emission readings in excess of 7 lbs. per 1,000 square feet in 24 hrs. will require additional protection such as concrete sealant or polyethylene sheeting.
- Contains Ultra-Fresh®, an antimicrobial protection that resists mold and mildew.
- CrushprufTM technology resists indentation that enables your floors to perform to its fullest potential and last a lifetime.
- Eliminates minor subfloor imperfections.
- Offers the industry's best limited lifetime warranty.
- This product exceeds ASTM test for compression strength required for some vinyl plank manufacturers.
- Dry, completely cured concrete (at least 14 days old with HVAC operating)
- ¾" interior plywood, OSB flooring, gypcrete (must be primed before glue down)
- Waterproofing and crack-isolation membranes
- Cement backer units
- Existing vinyl, wood, and laminate floors
- Subfloor should be clean, dry and level
- Follow the manufacturer's installation instructions for any additional preparation
QUICK AND EASY INSTALLATION cuts with a knife
- For floating floors, install with film UP. For glue down floors, install with film DOWN.
- Floating installations, roll out underlayment next to wall. Roll out next row in same manner butting underlayment close to first row (do not overlap). Seal the seams with a moisture resistant tape. Install LVT/vinyl plank per manufacturer's instructions.
- Residential glue down installations, same as above, then apply adhesive to the top side of the
underlayment per LVT/vinyl plank manufacturer's instructions. Double glue down is optional.
Commercial glue down installations: Underlayment must first be bonded to the subfloor with adhesive, preventing any movement on the floor. Double glue down is required.Double glue installations, use SILENCER QUICKLAY spray adhesive or other pressure-sensitive trowel adhesives (based on the adhesive manufacturer's requirement) using a 1/16" trowel on the subfloor. Roll out underlayment next to wall. Roll out next row in same manner butting underlayment close to first row (do not overlap). Roll with a 75-100 lb. roller to smooth out any air pockets and to secure a good bond to the adhesive. Then apply adhesive to the top side of the underlayment per LVT/vinyl plank manufacturer's instructions. After flooring is installed, roll with a 75-100 lb. roller to secure a good bond to the adhesive.
- Install flooring according to the vinyl manufacturer's installation instructions.
3000 John Deere Road Toano, VA 23168
Item #10029179 100 sq. ft. (3ft x 33.34ft)