Floor Care Tips
To ensure lasting beauty of your new flooring, Lumber Liquidators suggests that you follow the care and maintenance recommendations made specific to your flooring material. For more tips on how to care for your specific product, visit www.lumberliquidators.com.
Lumber Liquidators also offers complete care kits designed to maintain your floors. Contact your local Lumber Liquidators store associate for details.
- Maintain temperature and humidity between 60˚F to 80˚F and 30% to 50%, respectively. Inexpensive hygrometers are available at your local Lumber Liquidators store and can be used to monitor the indoor environment (Tile, Engineered Vinyl Plank, Click Ceramic Plank & Luxury Vinyl Plank are not affected by site humidity).
- Dust mop floor often using Bellawood Cleaning Kit. We do not endorse the use of hot steam cleaning machines on hard wood products; use at your own risk.
- Spot clean spills with a damp cloth then buff dry. Do not use ammonia, vinegar, or oil soap cleaners.
- For spots such as candle wax or chewing gum, harden the spot with ice and gently scrape with a plastic scraper, such as a credit card. Be careful not to scratch the flooring surface. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Use vacuums that are designed for hard surface flooring.
- Use mats inside and outside exterior doors to collect grit and moisture. Do not use plastic foam backed mats as they may contain solvents that could harm the flooring finish.
- To prevent scratches, use felt protectors under furniture legs and trim your pet's nails.
- Do not walk on your floor with stiletto heels or shoes with sports cleats/exposed metal parts.
- UV sunlight will enhance lighten or darken the tone of different species of hardwood to varying degrees. Periodically rearranging your area rugs and furniture will allow the floor to antique or age evenly.
- For tile, only use cleaning products that are recommended by Lumber Liquidators or neutral pH cleaners specifically designed for ceramic and porcelain floors.